Barbell Therapy – Classes for Mamas!
The exhaustion of a new baby, post natal depression, baby blues, however you feel, getting into strength training can greatly help your mental health, your physical health and your ability to cope. There are so many reasons to try it:
- It’s scalable for any level of experience of fitness
- It’s important to rehab your core and pelvic floor properly after giving birth (clenching your vagina as tight as you can just ain’t going to cut it, ladies)
- You can socialise with other mums at group training and bring your baby (or babies or toddlers and babies – your troupe!) with you while you train
- Socialising is as beneficial as training
Having little kids means you never know what your day holds. I know it can feel easier to just stay home if everyone is cranky.
You can come to our mum meet ups and not do any training.
If your baby is hollering I will push the pram while you get some time out.
If your toddler is throwing their toys, put them in our kids space and let them go for it.
- No one cares if you’ve not showered in days, just show up.
- No one cares if you’ve not stopped crying for days, just show up.
- No one cares if you can’t fit your old training clothes, just show up.
Core and pelvic floor rehab must be a priority before you dive into strength training after you’ve had children. Our classes focus on this and ensure that you are training when you’re ready to start training. Neglecting this (as I found out) can have dire consequences down the track.
Training aside, these classes are a great way to start back on track to feeling yourself. They will improve your strength, help you feel more like your old self and at the very least get you out of the house and meeting other women who are feeling like how you feel. In the classes we’ll cover lots of topics:
- Strength training
- Post Natal Depression
- How to feel more like yourself
- Tips on coping
- Goal setting
- You’re sure to meet new people, make new friends and leave feeling more like yourself.
I’ve also been known to settle a real screamer (my 2 kids were colic ++) so who knows, you’ll probably pick up some settling tips as well!
WHEN: Tuesday mornings, 10-11:30am
HOW MUCH: $10 per class. Coffee, tea and yummy protein shakes are provided.
Please email me to register or to ask any questions: email@example.com
We have an kids area in the gym where your littles can chill, we have movies, puzzles, a huge crate of duplo and lots of soft toys.
NB: PND is not a pre-requisite to attend this class, if you’re a mum and you want to feel like your old self again then come join us!
You can read about my Post Natal Depression journey into lifting HERE.